Route 7 Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Call for Submissions 2020
Route 7 Review, Dixie State University's annually published literary e-journal, is now accepting submissions for our Fall 2020 issue. Route 7 Review is a place for your voice to be heard internationally. Writers, musicians, visual artists, and filmmakers are all encouraged to submit their work. Our platform has enabled brilliant creators from around the world to inspire others with their talents. Multiple submissions are permitted per genre, and prolific artists may submit work in multiple categories.
- Deadline for submissions is November 6, 2020.
- Submissions are only accepted through our Submittable portal.
- Do not submit the same work to more than one category.
- All works must be original and unpublished. We welcome simultaneous submissions. Contact your section editor if your work is published elsewhere.
- If applicable, entries must include word count. Entries exceeding the word count will not be considered.
- No explicit content or vulgar language will be published.
- Nonfiction: Limit 1000 words per submission and two (2) submissions per author. No more than one nonfiction submission will be published per author. We encourage submissions of short memoirs, biographies, travelogue, and topics relating to current events such as how the pandemic has impacted your daily life, Black Lives Matter, recent natural disasters, newfound dependence on technology, etc. Each submission must be a separate file using .doc or .docx format. Submit file as double-spaced, 12-point standard font, with 1-inch margins.
- Fiction: Limit 1500 words per submission and two (2) submissions per author. No more than one fiction submission will be published per author. We encourage topics relating to current events, but all works that are in accordance with submission requirements will be considered. Each submission must be a separate file using .doc or .docx format. Submit file as double-spaced, 12-point standard font, with 1-inch margins.
- Multimedia: Limit three (3) submissions per artist. We encourage photography, visual art, digital art, as well as audio and video recordings up to 5 minutes in length. One submission will be featured on the front cover of this issue of Route 7 Review if it expresses a "starry night" theme, but all topics are acceptable. Submit images as JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, or SVG files. Submit audio as MP3 and video as MP4 or AVI. Please limit file sizes to 15MB or less. Submissions with poor image or audio quality will not be considered.
- Route 7 Review is no longer accepting poetry submissions for the current issue. We have been inundated with poetry submissions. Thank you for those who have submitted. Please consider submitting for issue 9.
Issue 8 will be finalized in early December 2020.