Route 7 Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Norman Vincent Peale once said, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” This is your chance! Route 7 Review, Dixie State University's annually published literary e-journal, is now accepting submissions for our Fall 2021 issue. Route 7 Review is a place for your voice to be heard internationally. Writers, musicians, visual artists, and filmmakers are all encouraged to submit their work. Our platform has enabled brilliant creators from around the world to inspire others with their talents. Multiple submissions are permitted per genre, and prolific artists may submit work in multiple categories.
- Submitters must be 13 years of age or over.
- Deadline for submissions is November 8, 2021.
- Submissions are only accepted through our Submittable portal.
- Do not submit the same work to more than one category.
- All works must be original and unpublished. We welcome simultaneous submissions. Contact your section editor if your work is published elsewhere.
- If applicable, entries must include word count. Entries exceeding the word count will not be considered.
- No explicit content or vulgar language will be published.
- No more than 2 submissions per author will be published.
Requirements for Submissions:
**For the Visual Arts and Poetry sections, please note that there is an associated theme:
"Connections to the Earth."
- What do you identify with in nature?
- What do you connect with in nature and why is it important to you?
- How have you been influenced or shaped by nature?
- How do you see the Earth, or what is your interpretation of nature?
Visual Arts/Multimedia: Limit of two (2) submissions per artist. We will be selecting only 20 art submissions for publication. We encourage photography, visual art, digital art, as well as audio and video recordings up to 5 minutes in length. Submit images as JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, or SVG files, we ask that the quality of the photos be at least 300 DPI. Submit audio as MP3 and video as MP4 or AVI. Please limit file sizes to 15MB or less. We will be accepting the following genres:
- Any type of art
- Photos of sculptures or ceramics
Poetry: Limit of two (2) submissions per author. No more than two poetry submissions will be published per author. We will be selecting only 15 poems for publication. We encourage any kind of poetry you creatively wish to use, but all works that are in accordance with submission requirements will be considered. Submit file as single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins in .doc or .docx file formats. We will be accepting the following genres:
- Free Verse
Non-Fiction: We are accepting submissions for non-fictional memoirs. There is a limit of 500 words and no more than (two) 2 submissions per author. We encourage authors to answer one or all of the following questions:
- What is your most memorable childhood memory that you can still vividly remember?
- What was a defining moment in your life that has made you the person you are today? Why?
- Do you think others would consider this moment to be defining to them if they weren't in your shoes?
We are also accepting submissions for autobiographies. There is a limit of 1000 words and no more than 2 submissions per author. Please write an autobiography explaining how you ended up in the writing field. Please also explore areas of your past depicting whether the writing field was something you have always wanted to do.
THIS SECTION HAS BEEN EXPANDED TO INCLUDE GENERAL NONFICTION (limit 1000 words)
Fiction: Limit 2000 words per submission and two (2) submissions per author. No more than one fiction submission will be published per author. Two sub-genres of fiction will be accepted: flash fiction submissions of 500 words or less, general fiction submissions of 2000 words or less. We encourage topics that stretch writers out of their comfort zone and especially ones related to current events. All genres may be accepted, while genres like realist and literary fiction are encouraged. Submit file as double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins, and in .doc or .docx file formats.
Issue 8 will be published in early December 2021.